Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcome to Sim-Confusion (I Don't Know What The Hell I'm Doing!)

Welcome to Sim Confusion. This blog will not bother trying to explain things as frankly, I'm just playing Sims just for the hell of it and getting more and more confused as I'm going along. Frankly, I turned off aging on my Sims because it's challenging trying to get a Sim where you want them to be financially when you have aging in play. I currently have a couple (a married pair of Sims) working their way through their "immortal lives". They just sold their home that they lived in for eighteen weeks; a life-time in Sims life expectancy (if you have aging on). But I want my Sims forever ageless...and childless. Sorry. When you have aging off...you have to deal with babies that never grow up...so NO! They're a couple of DINKs that are artists and want to make as many simoleons as they can.

The house that they bought as a lot was developed to the point where they couldn't do much more with it so they bought the lot next door hoping that they could create a two lot land assembly. Unfortunately they failed miserably and ended up having to sell both lots (one with the house pictured above) to move up into the cushy life with the Altos and the Landgraabs; the friggin' rich folks, that is. OK...semi-rich. They're not as rich as the Goths, however, I figure give or take a few weeks of playing and they'll probably be worth more than the Goths

Well, that pretty much covers it so far as what's going on with the Nakamuras (my couple) and one last shot of the view from their lot, which is awesomely beautiful from that vantage point. In real life, I'm a landscape photographer and I'm playing this due to being stuck in the home on medical after antibiotics that ended up giving me possible tendonitis with the possibility of tendon rupture, so I am housebound until such time as the chemicals are out of my system.

Gotta say that the view is damned near the best in the city.

So...welcome to Sim Confusion; with plenty of woohooing and llamas for y'all.

Yes, the Nakamuras are a mixed couple. If you got a problem with that, don't bother complaining. You have a choice to find another Sims 3 blog to follow.

January 6, 2017 Postscript:

I've also decided to add a second Sims 3 game to this blog. I started a Sims character by the name of Nobutaka "Nobby" Miyamori. He's a gym-rat - artist/musician with a penchant for writing and he tends to prefer the solitary life. He'd be homeless except that he's so talented with the paintbrush that he's become a master painter. He's tried to keep his material possessions down to a bare minimum and he has very little prized possessions other than his computer, his guitar, his easel and his home-gym and he's crammed himself into a small little home as far away from people as he can get (he's an asocial introvert - he can be friendly when he wants, but it has to be on his own terms). In fact I'm frankly surprised he hasn't been investigated by the cops for being a pedophile as his best friend is teenager River McIrish who as late has said that he's a gym-freak which is kind of funny considering that she was the one who asked him to train her for three hours at the weight station. But their friendship is platonic...at least on his part.

This is Nobby's home

And Nobby is a perpetual bachelor - He's decided that he's never going to be in a relationship as they require sacrifice and his one single greatest fear is of being married, tied down, unable to do what he wants and be able to enjoy his pursuits and pastimes: painting, writing and music.

Now note that none of these characters are the player's simulacrum. These are just characters that have been created by me in Sims3 and I'm playing them as such and thus should not reflect the true wants of the player.

From now on, I'm going to label each post with either "Nakamura Family" or "Nobby" to indicate which game I'm referring to in the posts, just to stop confusion. All preceding posts will bear the same.

I've also decided to start a NEW game, where the character is a gender-swapped female (the female version of Nobby) named Machiko Watanabe. She bought the same lot as Nobby and probably will go on roughly about the same character path. I'm debating on whether to do a weekly or a daily...since I tend to do a lot of screencaps, but we'll see how it goes from here.

Now this character is one that I've decided to start from the very beginning, from player creation to developing the house that she will live in and furnishing it. She is decidedly frugal and hates to waste money so I'm sure that she's going to just put together a place where she can go to the bathroom and put her head down to sleep with the bare minimum of essentials to enable her to get to where she wants to go in life. At least that's how I'm going to play her and as with the other two, I'm going to label her "lifetime" posts as "Machiko" - just so you know...all characters have their lifespans switched off so all are essentially immortal.

No comments:

Post a Comment